Christmas is here again! I am already buying into the buzz of the silly season, well that's my excuse for eating and drinking too much. There's no better time to start thinking about the Christmas treats to prepare for your loved ones and guests.
Aside from making a beautiful presentation this is one you can make easily with few ingredients and no fancy equipment, all you need is a glass bowl for an impressive presentation.
Freshly whipped cream (I used approx. two cartons of thickened cream, but you may need more or less, depending on how big your bowl is).
Raspberries (I use a mixture of fresh and frozen. I use one whole box of frozen raspberries, together with two punnets of fresh raspberries. Make it look nice and pretty with lots of fresh raspberries to decorate the top of the dessert.)
Crushed coconut macaroons just pop them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin/mallet/or your preferred crushing object. Don’t smash them to much – you don’t want a crumb-like texture. More of a mixture of crumbs and little chunks.
1. Place a layer of crushed coconut macaroons (around an inch high) in the bottom of your glass bowl.
2. Using a spatula, place a layer of freshly whipped cream (around an inch high) on top of the macaroons.
3. Now place a layer of raspberries on top of the cream.
4. Repeat the layers until you get to the top of the glass bowl.
5. Finish with a layer of whipped cream and decorate with fresh raspberries.
6. Keep chilled until you’re ready to serve, and then dust it with icing sugar
I’ll have another great food recipe next month; In the meantime, Happy Eating!
Cheek Kiss xx
Craving Cheesecake ! Contact me at CHEEKY CHEESECAKES to order
0423 905 507
Mawson Lakes Living Delish Recipes by Annette Shotton